It’s only my 2nd week back at work and already I’m back home. I called in sick the last 2 days. Not playing hooky but really sick.
Our poor little choo choo had diarrhea and was vomiting last Sat. L He must have caught some sort of stomach bug. He vomited 2x Sat morning and had a loose bowel movement 3x that day. He was not in any discomfort – no fever, was not fussy, was not crying. In fact, he was still his happy self – smiling and laughing.
Mom & Dad were both worried of course because well anything that is out of our normal routine freaks out these first time parents. We monitored his poos and vomit and eating habits throughour the morning and called the doctor. Since he was having wet stools, we modified his feeding routine and gave him an oz/ hour so that the volume would not be to much for his tummy and to keep him hydrated.
The nurse called back and we explained the situation. She said that since he has not vomited or had a loose bowel movement for the past 6 hrs was a good sign that he was fighting whatever bug/virus he had. She advised us to continue feeding him about an oz/hour to keep him hydrated. If his condition worsens – vomits more, more diarrhea or does not have a wet diaper within 6 hours to call back.
We continued to monitor lucas for the rest of the day. He seemed fine but his appetite reduced considerably – maybe eating 2oz every 3-4 hours to his normal 5oz. Of course, this stresses me out as I do not want choo choo to lose weight with his stomach flu, vomiting and reduced appetite. All I could do was offer him his milk when he wanted it and try to get him to finish as much as he could.
Lucas was better on Sunday. We even went out for a short walk to a neighborhood Mexican resto for lunch. We relaxed the rest of the day. Around 5-6p – WF started to feel tired/sick. It progressed bad very quickly where he was in bed and was throwing up as well. I was feeling fine and had my leftover Mexican lunch for dinner and fresh pineapple for dessert. I don’t know if it was the Mexican food or the fresh pineapple that did not mix well with the Mexican food but pretty soon, my stomach was cramping and later that night, I threw up as well. Not bas bad as WF but I still felt crappy none the less.
We decided that wf would stay home on Mon to take care of choo choo, we did not want to send him to daycare just yet. Now that he was very sick, I needed to stay home as well to take care of Choo choo.
I was not feeling well but not as sick as WF who couldn’t watch after choo choo. I have to admit that it was hard feeling sick as well as still watching the baby. But you’ve no choice so I managed to play with him and rest when he took naps.
I was feeling better by Tues, but not Will. He still was feeling weak and I still did not want to send Lucas to daycare so I took another sick day.
I don’t know what we had. If it was either Lucas’ stomach bug or food poisoning but we haven’t felt this bad in along time. Im just glad Lucas got over it quicker than we did. Everyone is fine now and Lucas is regaining his appetite slowly much to my relief.

No comments:
Post a Comment