Feel free to leave a comment on the blog!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sick: Part 2

I Haven’t posted much as we’ve been busy. Lucas was sick again last week. This time with a cold. It started with sniffles which progressed to a runny nose, cold, congestion and some cough. Poor guy! I called in sick and stayed home 2x with him last week. My parents were nice enough to take 2 days off also to watch him during the week.

Poor Lucas was congested and it’s really hard for us to see him sick, uncomfortable and miserable. We performed all the suggested baby remedies to treat a cold – saline drops and aspirator, humidifier, elevating him when he sleeps. Lucas hates it when we use the aspirator to suck out his cold. He cries and screams bloody murder when he sees the aspirator bulb near his face. L But, we have to do it, even if he doesn’t like it because it will help clear his congestion.

We took him to his doctor as he has a low fever and also some rashes developing on his face. It turned out to be mild heat rash. Whew, we were worried it was measles or something else. The doctor gave Lucas a thorough check up and assured us he was fine and was just fighting a cold. It was a relief to us because anything out of the ordinary worries us first time parents.

He’s back at daycare now. He’s feeling a lot better and back to his usual happy smiling self. He still has a little cold but the congestion is improving. He has lost a little weight from being sick twice this month so I’m hoping he gains it right back.

That’s a downside to daycare – Lucas is exposed to other kids as well as germs. He will get sick more during his first year at daycare however at the same time his immune system is building up. It’s a double edged sword that we’ll have to experience with him. Luckily, my boss is very understanding. I feel bad for having taken 4 sick days already since I’ve only been back to work in less than a month. On the other hand, I enjoyed staying home with Choo Choo … just like the good old days when I was still on leave. Sigh.

No comments: