This week I rejoined the workforce and went back to work. I was off for 20 weeks. I was fortunate to be able to take that long but it is nearly not enough to spend with Lucas. I enjoyed every minute of my leave with my boy.
The day started with my office badge not working so I could not get past the lobby of our building. Luckily I expected this so I had the phone number of coworkers who get there early handy.
My coworker picked me up at the lobby and let me inside the office. My desk was still there, untouched since I had left. A good sign. I login into my computer and surprise, I could not logon. My ID was deactivated while I was on leave and my password expired as well so I was not able to logon using the same password. I call the Help Desk and luckily, they were able to unlock my ID in a couple of minutes.
After the early hiccups, the day went well. I had a new hair do too -- shorter hair with highlights. :) Coworkers kept stopping by to welcome me back and inquire about Lucas. I showed them pictures of him and of course they all thought he is the handsomest baby ever.
Alms and I met for lunch as I told her she needed to cheer me up. We had lunch at the Bloomingdale's mall and had crepes.
Going back to work is hard. I miss Lucas, my little Choo Choo, bunches. I almost cried when I kissed him goodbye this morning as he slept in his crib. He looked like an angel and all I wanted to do was stay home and play with him like before.
All in all, my first day back wasn’t so bad. I wasn’t too swamped at work. In fact when I asked my boss what he wanted for me to do today, he said to take it easy.
People were right, even though it's hard to be apart from little Choo Choo, now I have something to look forward to when I come home -- seeing my baby's beautiful face and sweet smile when he sees his Mommy & Daddy.

No comments:
Post a Comment