We took advantage of the nice amenities at the hotel and went to the pool.I was so excited before the trip, I bought Lucas swim trunks, a swim shirt and hat to protect his skin from the harsh rays of the sun and baby sunblock.
It was a nice warm day on Sunday. After spending the morning around South Tahoe, we went back to the hotel to enjoy the pool. Geared up in the pool attire we headed to theheated wading pool.
Since it was Lucas' first time in the water, we hung out first at the edge of the pool. I slipped his feet first in the water and Lucas had a neutral expression. More of like curiosity. I dipped more of his feet in so that he could get used to the water. He seemed fine so I dipped his feet in a litte more and then his thighs and butt.
Then he cried. A lot. Loud. :(
I took him out of the water and tried to console him. I'm not sure if it was the water in his shorts, the water temp or just the over all experience, he wasn't too happy. Maybe he's not ready yet for the water.
He spend the rest of the afternoon sitting on the chaise lounge with Dad. Will tried with Lucas as well and he wasn't into getting dipped just yet.
Hopefully, Lucas will warm up to swimming when he's a little bit older. I plan on taking him to infant lessons so that he will learn to swim or at least not be scared of the water.

No comments:
Post a Comment