Height: (will need to measure)
Milestones:
~Crawling! (army crawl, backward crawl)
~Lunging
~Rolling back and forth on all 4s
~Eating solids (Cereal/Veggies/Fruits)
~2 teeth (bottom)
Whew, it’s been a busy month for Lucas. He is now part mobile ~ crawling and rolling all over the place! On the floor, in his crib. He hardly keeps still. Even when we change his diaper he tries to roll/flip over so we have to have a toy handy to keep him distracted. He flips, he rolls, he crawls, he does 360s, he lunges, he balances on all 4s.Lucas started solids last month and we keep introducing new foods to his diet. So far, he’s had rice cereal, oatmeal, squash, sweet potatotes, carrots, sweet peas, bananas, applesauce. He loves sweepotato and banana. He’s not a big fan of the green veggies.
Lucas has been pretty curious with the solids. He does not seem to be picky. Most often he will open his mouth wide when he sees his spoon coming. Milk is still his main source of nutrient. He is drinking 5 bottle/day between 30-35oz.
Teething has been tough on Lucas (and us). He now has 2 bottom teeth. I keep trying to take a picture but everytime I peek inside his mouth, he sticks his tongue out. Lucas has had runny nose and cough from teething. This is normal due to the extra saliva he is producing. I think he is teething again and the top teeth are the ones to come in next I’ve been told.
Our greatest challenge lately has been his sleeping or rather his waking up at 3-4am. We are working on teaching him how to soothe himself back to sleep.
Will and I have been exhausted at the early morning wake up calls. He was never like this before, only since he turned 6 mos and started to roll over. I’ve read that babies tend to have difficulty sleeping once they learn a new milestone. Hope this phase passes soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment