Feel free to leave a comment on the blog!

Friday, November 9, 2007

25w5d

I passed the gestational diabetes test!! whew... what a huge relief! I took the test last Friday, it's a standard blood test during your 24-28th week to check if you have gestational diabetes.

My score was great ... 79. The passing number is 139 so my levels were low! If I had failed this test, I would have had to take the same test to be sure but this time it's the 3 hour version. Meaning.... 4 blood tests in a span of 3 hours.

I'm glad we don't have to worry about gestational diabetes as it's fairly common during pregnancy, even if you are healthy and non diabetic pre-pregnancy. They also tested me for anemia... I'm not, so that's good news as well.

I also got a flu shot per my doc. They highly recommend getting a flu shot for pregnant women. The shot itself poses no risk to the baby. They said that if I catch a flu, that could be dangerous to the baby.... they need not say anything more. I got the shot then and there.

Oct weigh in: 124 lbs
Nov weigh in: 127 lbs

Overall, I'm feeling great! Peanut is getting more active each day and it's so priceless to see Will's face when he feels our little Peanut move. :)

No comments: