Feel free to leave a comment on the blog!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vocabulary

In the recent months, Lucas' vocabularly has been increasing. He can say several words and understands some words even though he can't say them yet.

Lucas can say the following words and know what they mean too:
  • mama
  • dada
  • nana (banana)
  • tata (pasta)
  • uh-oh
  • KQ (thank you)
  • done
  • bubble
  • no
  • ball
  • duck
  • bird
  • kick
  • shoes
  • baby
  • jump
  • car
  • bye
Lucas understands these words altho he hasnt said them yet:
  • dog
  • train
  • water (in his sippy cup)
  • light (as in lamp or celing light)
  • milk
I it impressive to watch him process what we say to him. I am quite amazed when I test him at times.

For example, I asked Lucas one time to get me his stuffed doggie. He went over to his toy box, picked up the stuffed dog and gave it to me. I was very surprised he understood what I meant since he has never said the word dog yet. Another time, I asked him to take off his pants as I was about to change his diaper. He looked down at his pants and tried to pull down his pants. Cute. :) Whenever we enter or leave a room, I ask him to turn on/off the light switch, he knows what I mean as he would push the button to turn the light on or off.

He can say harder words such as thank you or bubble. However, easier words like cat or dog, he has not spoken them yet. Go figure.

His is learning so much and I'm constantly surprised as how much he comprehends. Of course, I'm his mom, so I think my baby is a genius. :)

No comments: