Lucas and I had a playdate today. We have new friends, Yoko and her son, Shota, 10 months, who is a lot bigger than Lucas.

Yoko and Shota came over our house to play. We met last time at the mall, the kids could not interact with each other since they were in their strollers, so this time I invited them over so the boys can play. They live near us as well.
Lucas was excited to see Yoko and Shota. He immediately smiled when they came in the door.
We placed both Lucas & Shota in the play area and let the boys play and get to know each other. Shota was very good, he loved Lucas' Leap Frog Musical Table. He is just learning to crawl and pull himself up so he loved holding onto the table and playing with the gadgets.


Lucas was very curious with Shota. Lucas kept trying to touch him but not knowing his own strength ended up tapping Shota on the head. :( I apologized to Yoko profusely as Lucas did this more than once! Ahhh, I was so embarassed, but Yoko was very cool about it and said, don't worry, Shota is ok, he's just excited to play with him. Maybe so, I told Lucas to be gentle and showed him what gentle was.
I think this is Lucas' first time playing with a friend one on one. He plays everyday at daycare with his friends. But one on one, I don't think he's used to.

When Shota tried to play with one of his toys, Lucas suddenly got possesive and took it from Shota. He started crying and ran to me. I was confused as he has not acted this way before. Lucas is generally a very sweet, friendly and affectionate baby.
Could it be Lucas thought he was the alpha male at his house? Suddenly there's a new person in his play area and he felt territorial? Lucas plays well with the kids at daycare and has no problem sharing. In any case, both Yoko and Shota were very good natured about it and took it in stride. Hmm, I guess we have to work on teaching Lucas how to share?

After the initial getting used to each other, both Lucas and Shota played well together. I think Lucas was fond of Shota as he would often try to touch his face. Shota would do the same too. Cute! When they were leaving, both Yoko and I were holding the boys, they both kind of hugged.... awwww!!
Anyway, Shota and Lucas may become daycare classmates as well. Yoko visited our daycare and liked it so she is thinking of moving him to our daycare in June, when Shota has to graduate from his current daycare.

Yoko and Shota were very thoughtful as well and brought Lucas a birthday gift (musical phone/key ring).
Can't wait for the next playdate!
I hope the boys do get along and become good friends. They could be BFFs in the making... how cute is that? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment