Weight: 15.1 lbsHeight: 25 1/2 inches
Milestones:
~Can sit up unassisted for a few seconds
~Drinking 6-6.5 oz of milk every 3.5-4 hours
~Will start solids/ baby food
~Started mixing baby cereal in milk
~Transfer objects from one hand to the other
~Found his feet
We got the “go” from our pediatrician to start Lucas on solids. I’m excited! I hope Lucas is too. J He will be eating something other than milk. Not sure yet what to give him. Maybe mashed bananas, avocado or sweet potato.
I am going to start teaching Lucas baby sign language. I will start with very basic words/signs like milk, no more, all gone, change (diaper). I fully don’t expect him to sign right away, it may take a couple of months. The more you sign with him, the more he’ll retain it. Some moms have seen their kids sign back at about 8-9 months. I’ve been signing milk with him when I give him his bottle. He’ll just look at me and stares and give me a smile. Hee hee. Oh well, I hope he makes the connection in a couple of months.
We started Lucas on rice cereal this week. Just a tablespoon and we mix it in his bottles. He has not shown any bad reaction to it so that is a good sign. We are also hoping that it will get him to sleep through the night. I am going to feed it to him via spoon and see how he likes it.
I am going to attempt to make my own baby food for Lucas. I’ve read other Moms who have done it and it doesn’t sound hard at all. Just steam veggie, puree and feed or freeze stash. It’s healthier too (no additives or artificial stuff) and definitely more cost effective. We’ll see how it goes.
Lucas was so brave when he got his 6 mo immunization shots. He had 1 oral and 4 shots (2 on ea thigh). When he got the shot, he had a split second delayed reaction and then cried. L I felt for the little guy as I couldn’t even look when they pricked him with the needles. I picked him up to console him and he immediately perked up and stopped crying, even smiling a little!
Lucas disposition is always happy anyway. He’s not a fussy baby. Of course he has his fussy moments, but it’s not frequent. He’ll really only cry when he’s over tired, starving or have been sitting on a dirty diaper too long. Sometime he doesn’t even cry with a dirty diaper so we don’t know he had one until we change him or smell something afoul.
We saw 2 different sets of friends over the weekend and they all say Lucas is a very good baby. He didn’t cry or fuss and was actually quite charming. We are blessed to have such a healthy, happy content baby. I do often wonder if this is part of his personality already. Do babies show their personalities at this age or is it mostly their moods or preferences?
Lucas is doing well at daycare. He got sick twice last month after starting full time (stomach bug and cold). He seems very happy and taken cared of. – Which is all what matters to me. When he is a little bit older, I hope lucas will learn how to crawl, pull and walk earlier by watching the older kids in his daycare. Kids learn a lot by watching and observing and by being around other kids, they like to copy (learn) what the other kids are doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment