Feel free to leave a comment on the blog!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1980s


This picture was taken in Manila back in the 80s. (Thanks to Kel who posted it on Facebook)

Top Row: Tito Poch with Camille, Pao, Me, Chad, Punch. Bottom row: Diane; Kel; Brent; Patrick; Gugu and Kris.

Ughs, I was maybe 11 or 12 yrs old. I know I look really dorky.... hahaha.

What I like about this picture is, it's a picture of my cousins and I (from Mom's side). That's us, the whole brood -- 8 boys, 3 girls. For the record, I was the only girl for 8 or 9 yrs... I've always played with boys growing up!

This was taken at our house during the Christmas holidays. We usually invited everyone to our house and celebrated Noche Buena/Christmas Eve together.

Fun fun times, those were the days!! I'm feeling nostalgic. I miss these guys. I missed growing up with them since we are here in the US. We spent a lot of time together growing up.

Fortunately, thanks to technology and the internet, the cousins and I are in touch via Facebook, emails and instant messages.

I feel very sad that Lucas does not know my cousins/titos/titas in Manila. Hope we visit Manila in the next year so I can reconnect and Lucas can meet his Titos, Titas, other cousin, Alexis, and see Ninong again.

How is the post Lucas related? Well this is his family in the Philippines. I would love to take a picture of all of us cousins in the present. And also a picture of Lucas and his 2nd cousins, Freja and Darco, they are the next generation. :)

Miss my family -- glad everyone everyone is safe after the massive flooding last month.

No comments: