We decided to enroll Lucas in swim class this early as we wanted him to be comfortable in the water and have no fear of being in the water.
I love swimming so I wanted Lucas to also enjoy this wonderful activity as a child.
Initially we were worried that Lucas wouldn't like swimming or would cry. When we took him swimming in Tahoe last Aug, he cried as we dipped him in the water.
This time it was different, he loved it! The water was very warm (heated indoor pool) so he probably thought he was in a big bath tub (he loves his baths). There were about 7 other kids in the class (6 -12 mos class). The teacher sang welcomed each baby by singing a welcome song. Then we did various activities always accompanied by a song. We walked in a circle while I helped Lucas kick in the water. I lifted him up in the air and back into the water as we sang "wheels on the bus". He floated on his back too.
Lucas had fun and he was smiling and laughing during the class. Mom had fun too. A parent is required to be with the baby during the class. Next week, Dad will take the class with Lucas so he can join in on the fun. It's an 8 week session, 30 min each Sunday.
I'd have more pictures but the lifeguard prohibited Dad from taking any pictures. He managed to take only 2.

No comments:
Post a Comment