Length: 23 inches
Another month has flown by!
Lucas is doing well, thriving and growing everyday. He is constantly learning new things much to his parents' delight and amusement.
Milestones:
* Cooing/more baby talk
* Smiling/laughing more (his toothless grin is so amusing)
* Found his hands (sucking on his fists - teething?)
* Drooling a lot (teething?)
* Sleeping 4-5 hours at night (Mommy is getting more sleep!)
* Drinking 4-4.5 oz every 3-4 hours
* Loves to dance with his Dad (Dad holds him and "stand" him on his feet and
"dance" him -- he is tickled pink as he squeals with delight)
* Can follow you with his eyes from across the room
* Loves his kicking toy (good leg muscles -- maybe a soccer player?)
One challenge we have been facing on and off is his loss of interest in the bottle. So strange, he has been taking the bottle with no problems since day 1 (I nursed and Formula Fed). All of a sudden, he decides that he doesn't want the bottle anymore. Is he asserting his independence? Getting smarter than his Mom/Dad?
This stresses me out as it's has been a struggle to feed him of late and since he was gaining 2 lbs a month, I did not want to lose that pace. I feel like I am a feeding nazi now, trying to make sure he drinks he designated ounce(s) per feeding. When he doesn't, I worry he is not getting enough.
Maybe I'm over reacting because he is gaining and NOT losing weight. I hope he likes solids much more.
Also we have been experiencing spit up/vomit at times, usually after feeding. Sometimes its a small quantity and most often it's half or all his milk. It is alarming to see the milk just gush out of his mouth like a waterfall. Lucas doesn't seem alarmed or bothered by his spit up/throw up. In fact, he usually seems much happier after he does this -- he is laughing and smiling afterwards! This is supposedly normal in babies so as long as he is not throwing up blood or mucus or seems bothered by it and is not losing weight then we shouldn't be worried.
It's hard not to worry or obsess about every single little thing Lucas does or not do. I guess that is what every concerned and "good" parent does?
Are we in for constant worrying for the rest of our lives? (Uh.... yeah)

No comments:
Post a Comment