Late.
I’m one of those people that is always punctual. I either arrive a few minutes early or right on time. If I’m going to be a few minutes late, I call the other party to let them know.
I’m hardly late for anything, even my periods. I can count on one hand the times I’ve been late all these years. Which is why it is uncharacteristic of me to be late this month, 4 days now to be exact.
I’m trying not to think about it until we know for sure. It’s hard, how can I not think about it as we’ve been trying for close to 1.5 years. I’m afraid to even breathe or think about it for fear of jinxing it. Silly, I know. At the same time, I’m bursting to tell someone. I won’t though until it is official. DH is the only person who knows.
This is even harder than awaiting the arrival of AF every month, because I’m scared to be disappointed.
I’m nervous to be …. And nervous not to be…..
My fingers are crossed. Xxxxxxxx
Positive. Negative. Half full. Half Empty. I always look at things half full.
A straight line or 2 straight lines intersecting one another.
How can a line hold so much meaning? To us, it does. Life changing, in fact.
I was late for 4 days and I was sure I was pregnant based on the logic that I'm never late. I wanted to wait until the weekend to take the preg. test. I didn't want to take it to early and have the risk of getting a false reading.
My plan was to wait till the weekend and surprise Will with the news on Father's Day. Then I had second thoughts, we've been waiting for this moment and I didn't want to steal the moment of finding out from WF. Whatever the result, I'd want him to be involved.
I was excited, nervous, anxious holding all this to myself. Finally, Last Wed, I blurted out that I had something to tell him.
W: "OK"
T: "But I'm afraid to jinx it"
Will immediately knew what that meant. He then said, don't say it then, just live and enjoy.
So we did for the rest of that week and it was hard as it was constantly in my thoughts!
On Sat, we took the EPT. A few minutes later, a + appeared which meant we were pregnant!
The lines were not fairly solid, but it was definitely a cross! Because one of the lines was light, we were quite cautious at the result. So we decided to take the 2nd test the next day to be sure.
The next day, I took the EPT again and the same intersecting lines appeared again: +. We're pregnant!!
We hugged and to say that we were extremely excited, is an understatement. This was on Father's Day. :)
I called my doc the next day to sched an appt. I'm seeing her next month when I'm at 8 weeks.
Only after speaking to the doc did I really feel that its was real... that we were indeed pregnant. !!!!
I think when she said your due date of 2/17/08 is when it really hit me and I felt OK for me to breathe a sigh of relief to confirm this blessing.
Suddenly, 1 week late = week 5 of pregnancy! You count from the first day of your last period.
We are both ecstatic and nervous. I am just thankful for this blessing and miracle growing inside of me. :)
Feel free to leave a comment on the blog!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment